Victoria Fire Corps
The Victoria Fire Corps is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization formed in 2007, as a way for citizens to donate their time and talents in non-operational ways to assist the Victoria Fire Department.
All Victoria Fire Corps members have received hands-on fire/safety techniques and skills from the Victoria Fire Department.
Manpower & Cost Savings to the Victoria Fire Department & the Community
Victoria Fire Corps members put in thousands of hours of volunteer time assisting the Victoria Fire Department and the Victoria County Region with an estimated population of just over 100,000.
The Victoria Fire Corps contributes manpower for many events and activities:
- Parades and community events
- Providing rehabilitation services the victoria fire department and all other emergency responders
- Smoke alarm donations and installation for senior citizens
The Victoria Fire Corps raises money in various ways throughout the year. To date…the contributions and the support from the community helped fund these projects, equipment and scholarships.
- Civilian fire academy operations
- Community parades and events
- Continuing education scholarships
- Honor guard equipment
- Injured Firefighter/Police Officer Donations
- Newspaper subscriptions
- Rehab supplies
- Smoke alarms and batteries for senior citizens
Volunteer Service Awards are given to members each year for appreciation of their outstanding service.
- "Appreciation Award" was awarded to the group by the Victoria Fire Department for being invaluable to the City/County of Victoria
- "Citizen Merit Award" was given for Demonstrating Excellence in the Performance of Civic Response.
- "Distinguished Citizens Award" awarded from the City of Victoria for taking hours of their time to learn about Victoria’s city government, and infrastructure.