Meeting rooms A, B, C, and the computer lab may be reserved for use by groups engaged in educational or cultural activities.
The information on this page describes the steps needed to reserve these spaces at the Victoria Public Library (VPL).
Meeting Rooms Available
- Meeting Room (A) 50 standing
- Meeting Room (B) 150 standing
- Meeting Room (C) 50 standing
- Computer Lab 10 seated
Hours of Availability
- Library hours of operation
- CD, DVD, and projector
- Cordless Microphone
- Presentation Podium
- Standard Microphone
- Surround Sounds System
Tables and Chairs
- 45 chairs
- 12 rectangular tables
- Requests for the use of a meeting room or computer lab can be made in person or by completing a Meeting Room Reservation Form.
- This Meeting Room Reservation Form can be submitted electronically or returned to the library service desk in advance of the date requested.
- A designated staff member will contact you to confirm the meeting room reservation.
- Advanced reservations may be made, but not earlier than 12 months prior to the event and only in the current calendar year.
- Reservations by the same group may not be made more than six times in a calendar year. Library related events are exempt from this restriction.
- The calendar opens on December 1 for scheduling in the next calendar year.
- The Library director and/or designated staff member is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of this policy.
For Assistance & Making Reservations
For questions, assistance with or making reservations, and to confirm meeting room availability, please call the administrative office at 361-485-3304 or the library service desk at 361-485-3301.
- The meeting rooms and computer lab in the VPL are available free to all non-profit groups engaged in educational or cultural activities.
- All activities held in these rooms must be free and open to the public.
- No admission fee or donation may be required or solicited from those attending meetings in the library.
- The sale of an author’s books during a book signing event is allowed.
- Library sponsored events for the purpose of raising funds for the library are allowed.
- Library sponsored programs and training receive first priority and city or library needs may preempt any scheduled event. If changes or cancellations are necessary, the library will provide as much notice as possible.
- Meetings will not be scheduled before or after library hours.
- No member of the organization may enter the library before it officially opens, and all participants must leave by the time the library closes.
- Groups needing setup time for their meeting should allow for it in their reservation.
- Meeting room is not available for private parties such as birthday parties, showers or family reunions.
- Use of the meeting rooms do not constitute endorsement by the library or City of Victoria of the points of view expressed by the group.
- Meeting of individuals under the age of 18 years must have an adult sponsor present.
- Smoking is not permitted in the library.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on library property except when approved by the library in conjunction with an event organized by the library.
- The individual or group as a whole who make the reservation will be responsible for any damages to the rooms, carpet, equipment, or furniture.